BDS (Sheffield) MJDF RCS (England)
Pg Cert in Postgraduate Healthcare Education with Merit (Sheffield Hallam)
Amy is originally from Warwickshire, graduated as a dentist from the University of Sheffield in 2008 and moved to Leeds in 2011, happily settling with her young family in Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
Amy joined the brilliant teams at York Place Dental Practice in Wetherby in 2018 and Andrea Ubhi Dentistry in 2020. Please click on the practice links to explore the practice websites and find out more about the rest of the team and treatments available.
Amy’s ethos will always be to treat patients as she would want to be treated herself, with a caring, approachable, discrete and professional manner. Amy strongly believes that when her patients feel cared for, valued and listened to there will be a better outcome for their dental and general health and happiness.
From the moment you walk through the door, to the journey home your experience should be calm, caring and comfortable.
Since graduating, Amy has worked in dental practices located in both South and West Yorkshire and spent time working within hospital Oral and Maxillofacial Units (including the Royal Hallamshire, Sheffield Children’s, Barnsley, Mexborough) covering oral oncology, adult and paediatric head and neck trauma and minor oral surgery.
During this time, Amy passed examinations to become a Member of the Joint Dental Faculties (MJDF) of the Royal College of Surgeons (London).
Amy then went on to work as a Specialty Dentist/Staff Grade in Oral Surgery at Rotherham Hospital one day a week between 2011-2018 undertaking minor oral surgery (e.g. difficult extractions, the removal of impacted wisdom teeth, biopsies, cyst removal and surgical endodontics) also teaching recent graduates.
In 2015, Amy was shortlisted for Oasis/BUPA Dentist of the Year and during her time with BUPA was an Educational Supervisor/Foundation Dental Trainer for 4 years, additionally gaining a Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Education (with Merit) from Sheffield Hallam University. Amy has been heavily involved in postgraduate dental education and mentoring with Health Education England and contributed to national workforce planning focus groups.
· Bob Khanna Training Institute (2012 onwards) and Skin Viva (2018 onwards)
· Member of ACE (Aesthetics Complications Expert group)
· Regular attendee and contributor to the Northern Advanced Facial Aesthetics Study group with other medical and dental professionals aiming to share ideas and interesting new developments in the field.
· Set up and became Director of Contemporary Aesthetics Ltd - in 2018
· MASCED accredited (Melanoma and Skin Cancer Early Detection
· PROFHILO - HA Derma trained
· SAVE FACE ACCREDITED
· Full Member of CMAC (Complications in Medical Aesthetics Collaborative)
Endodontics (Root Canal Treatment):
· SimplyEndo: 10 day PostGraduate Endodontology Programme
Sleep Appliances: Management of Snoring and Sleep Apnoea
· Sleepwell Appliances: Amy is trained to provide and adjust sleep appliances which are clinically proven as an effective aid to reduce snoring and the impact of sleep apnoea where CPAP cannot be tolerated
Jaw Joint pain/ TMJPDS/TMD and chronic migraine:
· Amy is one of a limited number of dentists registered to provide Cerezen® for patients with temporomandibdular joint (TMJ) dysfunction and pain alongside splint therapy as required. Botulinum toxin can also be used to relieve pain in associated muscles alongside management of the joint function itself as well as for chronic migraine
· Amy is trained to provide patients with Invisalign Go with clear braces aiming to align, straighten and improve the appearance of front teeth.